Friday, May 28, 2010
1. My new Macbook Pro arrived. I love it.
2. Some lovely chocolate shortbread is on its way to my tummy. All thanks to a friend who's a wonderful baker.
3. My cat is old. But healthy. We were worried he might have something wrong with his right hind leg.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
2. There's nothing like getting stuck in a good book, even if it's one I've read before. It's been ages since I last picked up The Sittaford Mystery so I don't recall who the murderer is.
3. Fish and chips for lunch. The fish is fresh and the chips crispy and hot.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Thanks to her influence, I know a lot more about old Hollywood movies and the people who acted in them than most of my peers. I'm still about the only one among my friends who'll watch musicals like South Pacific and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or knows who Troy Donahue is (I thought he was peachy keen when I was 12). Those old movies I watched back when I was a child continue to be magical. Partly because of their happy endings which spoke to me of hope and better things to come. But mostly because these were the same movies my mother had watched in her youth. Watching the same movies she had was my way to connect with a mother I lost much too early in life.
Monday, May 17, 2010
1. A quiet morning to catch up on tasks in glorious solitude.
2. Pack of Wether's Original - these butterscotch flavoured sweets bring back childhood memories.
3. The mailman brought me a parcel I've been waiting for. A few more packages still to come.
Monday, May 10, 2010
It's with much guilt that I acknowledge - a day late - that my single biggest indulgence is....this.
Yes, people, my greatest guilty pleasure is beads. Beautiful, gorgeous, breath-taking, sparkly beads. What you see is just a teeny portion of my bead stash. Aren't they lovely? My favourite has got to be the butterfly beads. They look and feel like glass but they weigh hardly anything so I think they might be acrylic. I bought them in Tokyo over 2 years ago and am loath to use them. They're just so pretty. I guess I'm waiting for inspiration to strike since they deserve to be showcased in a spectacular jewellery design. What do you think? Do you have ideas on how I should use them? I keep thinking they'd look stunning in a necklace but I'm not quite sure. Leave a comment and tell me what you think I ought to do with them. At the moment, they're sorely neglected. They only see the light of day when I take them out - every month or so - to ooh and aah at them.
PS. I'm known for taking crappy photographs. So do bear with me. I'm hoping all this blogging will help improve my photography skills. We'll see.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
In its place, I thought I'd mention a wonderful blog I came across not too long ago called "3 Beautiful Things". You may already know about it, and love it as much as I do. The whole idea of being thankful for the many little blessings and joys in our daily life is both simple and significant. I totally recommend that you check the blog out. You can find the link in my blog list.
Although the day isn't quite over, these are my 3 beautiful things for today.
1. Rain. Glorious after a week of sizzling heat.
2. Chatting online with a friend who recently got a job (wonder if that makes it two beautiful things?)
3. Having 2 scoops of chocolate ice-cream for dessert. Yum. The diet can wait.