Tuesday, December 28, 2010
1. A good friend is a mother for the 3rd time. She's doing well and the baby is a beautiful, healthy little thing.
2. I find a bottle of salad dressing that's eluded me for months.
and best of all,
3. Someone other than me has visited and read this blog. I'm stunned and honoured - so thank you very much for dropping by my little corner of the Web. Season's Greetings to all you lovely people & Happy 2011!
Monday, December 27, 2010
2. My 17-year-old cat is looking better these past few days. He's been a good boy about taking his medication. And it's paying off.
3. A christmas gift of colored glitter is sitting on my desk, waiting to be used in some resin experiments.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
1. Work is winding down and there's space - and time - to breathe.
2. A Christmas party beckons....good food, good company and presents. What more could I ask for?
3. An old friend who lives a world away will be here in less than a month.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
2. An old friend came by which was a nice surprise. It got me reminiscing about the old days.
3. Plowing through a boxful of mangoes. Sweet. Juicy. Heaven.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
1. An extra string of beads arrives alongside the one I ordered. No, I check, it's not a mistake, just a token of apology to make up for late shipping. I can't quite believe my good fortune.
2. My sister tells me she has managed to get the book I've been desperately wanting to read.
3. I find there's no need to rustle up something for dinner. Leftovers and dessert are sitting in the fridge waiting to be consumed.
Friday, June 25, 2010
I'm now waiting for my other 2 parcels to arrive. I hope they are winging their way to me as I type. I'm fairly itching to get my hands on them. Why? Because I gave in to tempation - again! - and ordered a bunch of beautiful artist-made lampwork beads. Nothing too outrageous (style or cost-wise) but definitely drool-worthy. Photos are clearly in order so I'll post some pics when the beads finally get here. In the meantime, it's Friday! Hope you've had a good week and here's to a fabulous weekend!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I'm also anxiously waiting for a package of beads to arrive. Yes, I know. I already have more beads than I know what to do with. But again, I just couldn't resist. I'll post pics of the beads here when I get them. If that weren't enough, I'm now eyeing some more handmade beads on eBay. What can I say? They're beautiful and reasonably priced. I haven't ordered them yet...but my fingers are itching to click on the 'buy' button. I'm going to resist the urge for as long as I can. Hopefully, this insatiable urge for beads will pass soon.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
And now, for my weekly post of the beautiful things in my life:
1) My doctor's appointment went well. For which I am very relieved.
2) I chatted online with a wonderful friend who lives half the world away. She always cheers me up.
3) I may actually have a jewellery commission. I am so stoked. She wants to buy a bracelet I have up on my Etsy store and is thinking of getting me to do another in a different colour. You can't imagine how much her interest has helped me. I was on the verge of giving up this whole jewellery thing.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
1. My new Macbook Pro arrived. I love it.
2. Some lovely chocolate shortbread is on its way to my tummy. All thanks to a friend who's a wonderful baker.
3. My cat is old. But healthy. We were worried he might have something wrong with his right hind leg.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
2. There's nothing like getting stuck in a good book, even if it's one I've read before. It's been ages since I last picked up The Sittaford Mystery so I don't recall who the murderer is.
3. Fish and chips for lunch. The fish is fresh and the chips crispy and hot.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Thanks to her influence, I know a lot more about old Hollywood movies and the people who acted in them than most of my peers. I'm still about the only one among my friends who'll watch musicals like South Pacific and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or knows who Troy Donahue is (I thought he was peachy keen when I was 12). Those old movies I watched back when I was a child continue to be magical. Partly because of their happy endings which spoke to me of hope and better things to come. But mostly because these were the same movies my mother had watched in her youth. Watching the same movies she had was my way to connect with a mother I lost much too early in life.
Monday, May 17, 2010
1. A quiet morning to catch up on tasks in glorious solitude.
2. Pack of Wether's Original - these butterscotch flavoured sweets bring back childhood memories.
3. The mailman brought me a parcel I've been waiting for. A few more packages still to come.
Monday, May 10, 2010
It's with much guilt that I acknowledge - a day late - that my single biggest indulgence is....this.
Yes, people, my greatest guilty pleasure is beads. Beautiful, gorgeous, breath-taking, sparkly beads. What you see is just a teeny portion of my bead stash. Aren't they lovely? My favourite has got to be the butterfly beads. They look and feel like glass but they weigh hardly anything so I think they might be acrylic. I bought them in Tokyo over 2 years ago and am loath to use them. They're just so pretty. I guess I'm waiting for inspiration to strike since they deserve to be showcased in a spectacular jewellery design. What do you think? Do you have ideas on how I should use them? I keep thinking they'd look stunning in a necklace but I'm not quite sure. Leave a comment and tell me what you think I ought to do with them. At the moment, they're sorely neglected. They only see the light of day when I take them out - every month or so - to ooh and aah at them.
PS. I'm known for taking crappy photographs. So do bear with me. I'm hoping all this blogging will help improve my photography skills. We'll see.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
In its place, I thought I'd mention a wonderful blog I came across not too long ago called "3 Beautiful Things". You may already know about it, and love it as much as I do. The whole idea of being thankful for the many little blessings and joys in our daily life is both simple and significant. I totally recommend that you check the blog out. You can find the link in my blog list.
Although the day isn't quite over, these are my 3 beautiful things for today.
1. Rain. Glorious after a week of sizzling heat.
2. Chatting online with a friend who recently got a job (wonder if that makes it two beautiful things?)
3. Having 2 scoops of chocolate ice-cream for dessert. Yum. The diet can wait.