Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anxiously waiting...

I've lately been struck by an intense desire to get my hands on copies of The Chalet School series. I loved reading them when I was a child/teen. To be honest, I still re-read the copies I have on occasion. It dawned on me a few months back that I was missing quite a few volumes in the series and I started hankering for them. I don't know if this is just another attempt to recapture my childhood; all I know is that I gave in to temptation this past week and ordered 4 volumes from eBay and an online used books store. The first batch of books should arrive soon. In fact, I was hoping they'd have arrived by now by I think they must be sitting in a post office somewhere. I hope they're doing OK and just waiting for me to give them a good home.

I'm also anxiously waiting for a package of beads to arrive. Yes, I know. I already have more beads than I know what to do with. But again, I just couldn't resist. I'll post pics of the beads here when I get them. If that weren't enough, I'm now eyeing some more handmade beads on eBay. What can I say? They're beautiful and reasonably priced. I haven't ordered them yet...but my fingers are itching to click on the 'buy' button. I'm going to resist the urge for as long as I can. Hopefully, this insatiable urge for beads will pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment