Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Books

I'm glad I picked up Mark Haddon's book. I should have borrowed it earlier. It was really very enjoyable. I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to read. I'm now looking forward to getting my hands on Elizabeth George's new novel This Body of Death. Apparently it's still 'in process' at my local library. So I'll have to wait a while more. I've been checking the library catalogue obsessively just to see when  it actually becomes available. Yes, I know. I'm a sad person :-). I don't know about you but I get awfully restless when I don't read for a time. Reading actually calms me down and I get into this peaceful, zen-like state. Which I like a lot.

And now, for my weekly post of the beautiful things in my life:
1) My doctor's appointment went well. For which I am very relieved.
2) I chatted online with a wonderful friend who lives half the world away. She always cheers me up.
3) I may actually have a jewellery commission. I am so stoked. She wants to buy a bracelet I have up on my Etsy store and is thinking of getting me to do another in a different colour. You can't imagine how much her interest has helped me. I was on the verge of giving up this whole jewellery thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment