Monday, May 10, 2010

Countdown of indulgences...continued


Right, I hope you've had a good day so far. I have. I managed to coax both my camera and my laptop into working. At least for a little while. So this post isn't going to be very long, since I really don't want to push my luck.

It's with much guilt that I acknowledge - a day late - that my single biggest indulgence is....this.

Yes, people, my greatest guilty pleasure is beads. Beautiful, gorgeous, breath-taking, sparkly beads. What you see is just a teeny portion of my bead stash. Aren't they lovely? My favourite has got to be the butterfly beads. They look and feel like glass but they weigh hardly anything so I think they might be acrylic. I bought them in Tokyo over 2 years ago and am loath to use them. They're just so pretty. I guess I'm waiting for inspiration to strike since they deserve to be showcased in a spectacular jewellery design. What do you think? Do you have ideas on how I should use them? I keep thinking they'd look stunning in a necklace but I'm not quite sure. Leave a comment and tell me what you think I ought to do with them. At the moment, they're sorely neglected. They only see the light of day when I take them out - every month or so - to ooh and aah at them.

PS. I'm known for taking crappy photographs. So do bear with me. I'm hoping all this blogging will help improve my photography skills. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment